EDSB Group of Companies are looking for Service Engineers to join our team in Leeds, Sheffield and London
The EDSB Group of Companies are national providers of Fire & Security, Electrical, Mechanical and Building Services. From Design and Specification through to Installation and Maintenance, our focus is to deliver compliance, alongside an unbeatable level of service.
We work nationally across the UK and we pride ourselves on being a flexible, client focused organisation responding quickly and efficiently to our clients’ needs. Our aim is to work closely with our valued clients to ensure our service delivery is exceptional at all times.
We are now looking to employ a number of Service Engineers to work in Leeds, Sheffield and London.
As a Service Engineer you will carry out the routine maintenance of Fire Alarms, Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Access Control, Portable Extinguishers, Disabled refuge and call/toilet systems, smoke vents, dampers Emergency Lighting, in accordance with the current Standards and Codes of Practice.
This role will include but not limited to the items below :
- Provide first line support for fault finding and rectification
- Complete small works installations
- Commission and handover of systems in line with the specification and drawings, including client demonstrations
- Completion of the relevant e-documentation (via tablet) or paperwork in line with SSAIB requirements
- Check the Engineer Planner when it is sent out to ensure all upcoming work is prepared for
- Raise any concerns as soon as possible so they can be dealt with prior to the job taking place
- Carry out daily checks as a minimum to ensure correct kit is in place for the job
- Servicing and maintaining various systems, to include small works installations and fault finding
- Demonstrate systems for clients, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms
- Carry out corrective and preventative maintenance of multi disciplined systems to include emergency lighting and portable extinguishers
- Commission/ Handover of systems
- Be part of an On Call Rota for OOH callouts and telephone support
- Carry out small works installations of multi disciplined systems to a high standard of workmanship
- Installation/commission of portable extinguishers
- Understanding the clients’ needs and fulfil all jobs required
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with Company policy.
To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Proven background and experience of Electrical and Mechanical installations within the Fire and Security sector, including Fire Extinguishers.
- Network/IP based product experience is beneficial.
- Good communication skills are required as the majority of the role will involve being in a customer facing environment.
- The ability to work alone and effectively organise your time as well as being a good team player
- A good understanding of the Standards which relate to our Industry and the systems we install.
- A good understanding of Health and Safety is essential.
- Have a flexible attitude to working hours.
- A full driving licence and a willingness to travel to locations across the country.
- Excellent timekeeping and time management skills
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Self motivated and a team player, demonstrating professionalism, positivity and proactiveness
Working hours are 08:30 to 17:00 with a 30 minute lunch break. Salary will be discussed at interview stage.
Please register your interest by sending your CV, a covering letter and a details of your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a fast paced, dynamic company please apply now!