The EDSB Group of Companies are national providers of Fire & Security, Electrical, Mechanical and Building Services. From Design and Specification through to Installation and Maintenance, our focus is to deliver compliance, alongside an unbeatable level of service.
We work nationally across the UK and we pride ourselves on being a flexible, client focused organisation responding quickly and efficiently to our clients’ needs. Our aim is to work closely with our valued clients to ensure our service delivery is exceptional at all times.
We are now looking to employ a Commissioning Engineer to work across a number of sites across the South of England.
As a Commissioning Engineer you will commission, test and sign off Fire & Security systems and any other platforms deemed necessary for the business.
This role will include but is not limited to the items below :
- Liaise with and take direction from the Design team and Project Manager to ascertain the Commissioning requirement/strategy for the project, in accordance with the technical specification
- Conduct factory acceptance testing/off site demonstrations to client and provide operator training based on the systems implemented
- Work within project time constraints, identifying and communicating without delay any potential risks to the project delivery dates
- Willing to work away as required to meet the project programme
- Direct and monitor installers to support the Project Management team
- Document commissioning tests, utilise and modify project documentation eg. project plans, cause and effects, general wiring diagrams to a consistently high level throughout the life of a project for inclusion in project O&M manuals or handover documentation to Service Department
- Updating and maintaining system software/graphics
- Carrying out fault finding/diagnostics/client reporting
- Conduct site surveys, advising and assisting with systems designs to confirm C&E requirements
- To understand and be an integral part of the commissioning process with third party subcontractors
- Take responsibility for proving/testing system/software configuration activities and cause and effect functionality
- Be aware of the programme for commissioning activities against project milestones
- Provide technical support to the engineering and design team as required
- Ensure timesheets and all other relevant paperwork is completed on time
- Undertake any relevant training as required
- Ensure all relevant H&S requirements are complied with
- Secondment to the Service Department as required by the business or on to any other projects as required
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself and the team in accordance with Company policy
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of fire and security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- Experience within the Fire, Security and Electrical Systems industry
- Strong track record of working in project teams of various sizes
- A clear understanding of, or experience within a client-facing & construction environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional, organised, and highly methodical
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent timekeeping and time management skills
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Self motivated and a team player, demonstrating professionalism, positivity and proactiveness
Working hours are 08:30 to 17:00 with a 30 minute lunch break. Salary will be discussed at interview stage.
Please register your interest by sending your CV, a covering letter and a details of your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org