The EDSB Group of Companies are national providers of Fire & Security, Electrical, Mechanical and Building Services. From Design and Specification through to Installation and Maintenance, our focus is to deliver compliance, alongside an unbeatable level of service.
We work nationally across the UK and we pride ourselves on being a flexible, client focused organisation responding quickly and efficiently to our clients’ needs. Our aim is to work closely with our valued clients to ensure our service delivery is exceptional at all times.
We are now looking to recruit Fire Door Inspectors/Joiners throughout the UK, who will be responsible travelling regionally to a variety to sites to inspect fire doors and carry out joinery work. This is a field based full time role.
Working in line with the current standards, the Engineer will also be expected to build professional relationships with our clients.
The successful candidate will gain accreditation through the FDIS Accreditation Scheme. Applications are also welcomed from experienced Fire Door Inspectors currently working within the Fire Protection and Service industry.
This role will include but not limited to the items below :
- Travelling regionally to a variety of sites
- Carrying out inspection of fire doors at each site in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner
- Using an app on the PDA (tablet) to follow a check list to report on the status of each fire door
- Building professional relationships with all clients
- Maintaining accurate and precise documentation of works completed
- Following process to ensure each inspection is completed correctly
- Be responsible for keeping the company vehicle clean, tidy and presentable
- Handling tools of various types including heavy machinery and ensuring safe set up
- Performing physical labour activities in a joinery capacity
- Adhering to safety guidelines whilst on the job site
- Ensuring all tools and machinery are kept clean and in good repair
- Removing debris and waste from site
- Ensuring all specifications are met
- Excellent knowledge and experience within the Joinery industry with completed apprenticeship or similar qualification
- Good practical, manual dexterity and co-ordination skills
- Good communication skills
- Physical strength and stamina
- Experience of carrying out Fire Door Inspections and Fire Door remedial works is beneficial
- FDIS Fire Door Inspector Qualification is preferred but not essential
- High attention to detail
- Full, clean, UK driving licence
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong work ethic
- Computer literate
- Excellent timekeeping and time management skills
- Ability to cope with a high volume of work
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Self motivated and a team player, demonstrating professionalism, positivity and proactiveness
- BPSS security clearance will be a mandatory requirement for successful candidates
Working hours are 08:30 to 17:00 with a 30 minute lunch break. Salary will be discussed at interview stage.
Please register your interest by sending your CV, a covering letter and a details of your current salary to email@example.com