EDSB Group of Companies are looking for a Stores Assistant / Driver to join our team in Leeds
The EDSB Group of Companies are national providers of Fire & Security, Electrical, Mechanical and Building Services. From Design and Specification through to Installation and Maintenance, our focus is to deliver compliance, alongside an unbeatable level of service.
We work nationally across the UK and we pride ourselves on being a flexible, client focused organisation responding quickly and efficiently to our clients’ needs. Our aim is to work closely with our valued clients to ensure our service delivery is exceptional at all times.
We are now looking to employ a Stores Assistant/Driver to work within our Stores Team out of our Leeds office. The position will involve driving to a range of destinations throughout the UK to deliver and collect EDSB kit from our nationwide team of engineers, as well as providing support to the Ops and Stores teams.
The successful person will have a full clean driving licence and good communication skills. The position will involve, but will not be limited to, the following :
- Driving a company van throughout the UK
- Delivery and collection of equipment at on-going jobs nationwide
- Replenishing and collecting stock from our regional stores units in Glasgow, Dartford, Cannock and Leicester
- Load and unload the van at each location, which may require the lifting of heavy boxes or parcels
- Completion of collection and return paperwork
- Keep in communication with the Stores team to advise of any changes to schedule, delays or issues
- Keep company van clean and tidy and carry out the required vehicle checks
- Drive safely and adhere to the Vehicle Management System guidelines
- Assisting the Ops team in moving/tidying or clearing kit from sites
- Carry out despatch tasks as required, via Post Office or courier
- Provide ad hoc assistance to the Stores team as required
- Provide help and assistance to other teams as required – these tasks may be varied and range from mundane to interesting, but we are looking for a helpful and willing additional pair of hands
The ideal candidate should have :
- Full, clean driving licence
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to lift heavy parcels or equipment
- Presentable appearance – uniform will be supplied
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Be based within an easily commutable distance of Leeds
- Desire to work as part of a growing team and demonstrate flexibility to assist where needed
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Self motivated and a team player, demonstrating professionalism, positivity and proactiveness
Working hours are 08:30 to 17:00 with a 45 minute lunch break. Salary will be discussed at interview stage.
Please register your interest by sending your CV, a covering letter and details of your current salary via the button below.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 5th January 2021.