The EDSB Group of Companies are national providers of Fire & Security, Electrical, Mechanical and Building Services. From Design and Specification through to Installation and Maintenance, our focus is to deliver compliance, alongside an unbeatable level of service.
We work nationally across the UK and we pride ourselves on being a flexible, client focused organisation responding quickly and efficiently to our clients’ needs. Our aim is to work closely with our valued clients to ensure our service delivery is exceptional at all times.
We are now looking to employ a Fire & Security Installation Engineer to work across sites in the UK.
The position will involve, but will not be limited to, the following :
- Multiple system type installation to pre-commissioning of Fire, Intruder Alarm, CCTV, Access Control and DDA systems in accordance with the current standards and Codes of Practice.
- Work within project time constraints, identifying and communicating without delay any potential risks to the project delivery dates.
- Ability to commission and handover systems in line with the specification and drawings, including giving client demonstrations.
- As well as the above, the ideal candidates will have experience of network/IP based products.
- FIA qualifications are beneficial but not essential, but a full understanding of BS5839 is essential.
- Ensure timesheets and all other relevant paperwork is completed on time.
- Undertake any relevant training as required.
- Ensure all relevant H&S requirements are complied with.
- Secondment to the Service Department as required by the business or on to any other projects as required.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself and the team in accordance with Company policy.
- Completion of the relevant e-documentation (via tablet) or paperwork in line with SSAIB & BAFE requirements
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of fire and security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information.
- Knowledge of integration of detection systems into other disciplines would be a real advantage.
- Working away at sites throughout the UK.
The ideal candidate should have :
- A proven background and experience of Intruder, CCTV, Fire Alarms, Access Control, Door Entry and DDA systems.
- Network/IP based product experience is beneficial.
- FIA qualifications are beneficial but not essential however a full understanding of BS5839 is essential.
- Knowledge of integration of detection systems into other disciplines would be a real advantage
- Good communication skills are required as the majority of the role will involve being in a customer facing environment.
- The ability to work alone and effectively organise your time.
- A good understanding of the Standards which relate to our Industry and the systems we install is required.
- A good understanding of Health and Safety is essential.
- A full driving licence and a willingness to travel to locations across the country.
- Be prepared to work away with overnight stays when required, this will however be kept to a minimum.
- ECS Card.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- A flexible attitude to working hours is necessary and we require a willingness to travel to locations across the country. Some overnight stays will be required and incentives for overnight stays will be discussed at interview.
- Self motivated and a team player, demonstrating professionalism, positivity and proactiveness.
Working hours are 08:30 to 17:00 with a 30 minute lunch break. Salary will be discussed at interview stage.
In addition to the above role, EDSB are also open to applications from newly qualified installation engineers.
Please apply stating your level of experience.
Salary will be discussed at interview stage.
Please register your interest by sending your CV, a covering letter and details of your current salary to email@example.com