The EDSB Group of Companies are national providers of Fire & Security, Electrical, Mechanical and Building Services. From Design and Specification through to Installation and Maintenance, our focus is to deliver compliance, alongside an unbeatable level of service.
We work nationally across the UK and we pride ourselves on being a flexible, client focused organisation responding quickly and efficiently to our clients’ needs. Our aim is to work closely with our valued clients to ensure our service delivery is exceptional at all times.
We are now looking to recruit Passive Fire Engineers throughout the UK, who will be responsible travelling regionally to a variety to sites to carry out the installation of fire stopping systems. This is a field based full time role.
Working in line with the current standards, the Engineer will also be expected to build professional relationships with our clients.
The successful candidate will gain accreditation through the IFC Certification Scheme. Applications are welcomed from experienced Fire Stopping Engineers currently working within the Passive Fire, Fire Protection and Service industry.
This role will include but not limited to the items below :
- Handling tools of various types including heavy equipment and ensuring safe set up
- Performing physical activities including the installation of a wide range fire stopping systems including cavity barriers, penetration sealing systems and fire rated partitions
- Adhere to safety guidelines whilst on the job site
- Ensure all tools and equipment are kept clean and in good repair
- Remove debris and waste from site
- Ensure all specifications are met, including industry best practice, manufacturers literature and standard product details.
- Ensure all works are accurately reported using EDSB’s reporting platform
- Good knowledge of fire stopping materials and application methods
- Good practical skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience in the passive fire & fire stopping industry is essential
- Qualified to at least IFE Level 2 in Passive Fire Protection
- Manual dexterity and co-ordination skills
- Physical strength and stamina
- Strong work ethic
- Computer literate
- Reliability and ability to use initiative
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Excellent timekeeping and time management skills
- Self motivated and a team player, demonstrating professionalism, positivity and proactiveness
- Willingness to travel and stay away for jobs where necessary
Working hours are 08:30 to 17:00 with a 30 minute lunch break. Salary will be discussed at interview stage.
Please register your interest by sending your CV, a covering letter and details of your current salary to email@example.com