The EDSB Group of Companies are national providers of Fire & Security, Electrical, Mechanical and Building Services. From Design and Specification through to Installation and Maintenance, our focus is to deliver compliance, alongside an unbeatable level of service.
We work nationally across the UK and we pride ourselves on being a flexible, client focused organisation responding quickly and efficiently to our clients’ needs. Our aim is to work closely with our valued clients to ensure our service delivery is exceptional at all times.
We are now looking to recruit a Passive Fire Technical & Quality Manager to work alongside our team of Passive Fire Engineers, ensuring that our Passive Fire Protection / Fire Stopping Installations and surveys are carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and fire safety regulations. In addition, the role will ensure that best practice is followed throughout the division, including on site projects from pre-commencement to completion.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Passive Fire Protection specifications and quality management, with a passion to ensure the required quality standards are met and maintained.
A background in Fire Stopping and Passive Fire Protection is essential, and you will require previous experience of managing passive fire protection installations and surveys in a similar business. A background in, or good understanding of, the construction industry is also desirable.
This role will include but not limited to the items below :
- Working with existing clients to produce comprehensive schedules of fire stopping penetration requirements, detailing specification by review against manufacturer’s technical data to ensure compliant installation of all fire stopping
- Analysis of client quality and specification requirements to ensure they meet and satisfy the client’s needs, whilst ensuring manufacturer and third-party certification requirements are met
- Communicate our quality standards to clients by way of meetings and presentations
- Keep up to date with new installation techniques and best practices, maintaining a working knowledge of all legislative requirements and any developments that affect the passive fire protection industry
- Provide in-house technical back-up for the operations teams and ensure knowledge of new systems / installation requirements is cascaded throughout the company by leading in-house training with managers and employees with particular emphasis on quality issues and standards
- Oversee the compartmentation survey process for existing buildings and produce survey reports including remedial actions required by reference to relevant standards, and to include budget costs and/or quotation as required
- Carry out quality inspection audits of passive fire protection installations and record non-compliant occurrences and practices and produce statistics for Managers
- Attend relevant seminars and keep up to date with industry developments
- Ensure all relevant employees attain and maintain required quality standards, determining and managing training needs for all relevant employees
- Monitor, mentor, and progress the performance and development of employees in respect of best practice
- Ensure all employees and site operatives attain the passive fire protection quality and technical training required to maintain and progress our industry body membership and third-party accreditation schemes
- Organise manufacturer or product training for the Passive Fire team
- Identify suitable employees to train as site quality supervisors/surveyors
- Assist with the on-going implementation of the EDSB reporting platform
- Produce management reports
- Excellent technical knowledge of a wide range of passive fire protection products and installation types
- IFE Level 3 certificate in Passive Fire Protection – preferred
- Accomplished professional manager with at least 3 years’ experience, (in a fire protection-based environment preferred)
- Experience of ISO quality standards
- Technical drawing capability/CAD is desirable
- The ability to lead and motivate a team to facilitate and influence change
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent numeracy, computer and report writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of writing reports and procedures
- Experience of leading / chairing meetings
- Planning and Project Management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Excellent timekeeping and time management skills
- Self motivated and a team player, demonstrating professionalism, positivity and proactiveness
- Willingness to travel and stay away for jobs where necessary
Working hours are 08:30 to 17:00 with a 45 minute lunch break. Salary will be discussed at interview stage
Please register your interest by sending your CV, a covering letter and details of your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org