The EDSB Compliance Solutions are national providers of Fire & Security, Electrical, Mechanical and Building Services. From Design and Specification through to Installation and Maintenance, our focus is to deliver compliance, alongside an unbeatable level of service.
We work nationally across the UK and we pride ourselves on being a flexible, client focused organisation responding quickly and efficiently to our clients’ needs. Our aim is to work closely with our valued clients to ensure our service delivery is exceptional at all times.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Security System Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive security systems for various projects. This role requires expertise in security system design, integration, and deployment, with a strong focus on ensuring optimal performance and functionality. The Security System Designer will also collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess security needs and develop system specifications.
This role will include but not limited to the items below :
- Design and develop security system solutions tailored to meet specific project requirements, considering client needs, industry best practices, and applicable regulations.
- Conduct comprehensive security assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks, and recommend appropriate countermeasures.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders, including architects, engineers, and clients, to gather requirements, provide technical expertise, and ensure alignment with project goals.
- Create detailed system designs, including schematics, wiring diagrams, and equipment specifications, for various security components such as access control, video surveillance, intrusion detection, and alarm systems.
- Evaluate and select appropriate security products and technologies based on project requirements, budget constraints, and industry standards.
- Prepare accurate project estimates, including material and labour costs, and ensure adherence to budget constraints.
- Support the project team to oversee the installation, configuration, and testing of security systems, ensuring compliance with design specifications and quality standards.
- Collaborate with external vendors, contractors, and technicians to coordinate system installation and resolve technical issues.
- Provide technical guidance and support to project teams during system integration, troubleshooting, and commissioning stages.
- Stay updated with the latest security technologies, industry trends, and regulations to provide innovative and effective security system designs.
- Document design specifications, installation procedures, and system configurations for future reference and knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with the sales team to support business development activities, including proposal development, client presentations, and technical demonstrations.
- Relevant certifications in security system design or related disciplines are highly desirable.
- Proven experience in security system design, integration, and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of security principles, best practices, and industry standards (e.g., CCTV, access control, intrusion detection, biometrics).
- Proficiency in designing and integrating security systems using industry-leading software and tools.
- Experience with network protocols, IP-based systems, and integration of security systems with IT infrastructure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse complex security requirements and develop effective solutions.
- Strong time-management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and departments.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on quality and accuracy in design documentation.
- Ability to travel to project sites as needed for system assessments, installation oversight, and troubleshooting.
- Have a flexible attitude to working hours.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Excellent timekeeping and time management skills.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Self motivated and a team player, demonstrating professionalism, positivity and proactiveness.
Working hours are 08:30 to 17:00 with a 45 minute lunch break. Salary will be discussed at interview stage.
Please register your interest by filling in your details below or alternatively sending your CV, cover letter and details of your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org